The Rane Model SM26S Splitter Mixer is one of the most useful, yet unusual audio products available. In its most basic configuration, it is a six-to-two line level mixer. It will accept six balanced or unbalanced line level inputs which are applied to six Level and Pan controls. An additional stereo Master Input allows a total of eight inputs. The result of the mix is sent to an overall Master Output Level control and appears at the Left and Right Outputs on the rear.
In its splitter mode, the SM26S can take one or two line level inputs and split these to any of the six Mono Outputs on the rear. The Mix/Pan controls in this mode control the level from each of the two input buses to be applied to each Output. Internal header blocks allow the Mix Outputs to become an independent stereo out, allowing a total of eight outputs.
The SM26S may also be used as a six input, six output buffer amplifier in which case signal applied to Input 1 is delivered to Output 1, and so on.
- 6 balanced mono inputs, 6 balanced mono outputs
- 2 main balanced Inputs, 2 main balanced outputs
- 6 input Level controls with 6 Mix / Pan controls
- Master Input and Output Level controls
- 10 dBV to +4 dBu shifter
- +4 dBu to –10 dBV shifter
- 6 mono input mixer with a stereo output
- 4 stereo input mixer with a stereo output
- 1 stereo input with 6 mono outputs splitter
- 1 stereo Input with 4 stereo outputs splitter
- 6-in, 6-out booster amplifier
- Configurable to 8 outputs